Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Today I was off on an adventure of my own as WP ans Sis were both unavailable.  I decided to go and try on bathing suits. Yikes!
It turned out to be the best experience ever.  It had nothing to do with the bathing suits but everything to do with the little girl and her mom in the next dressing room.  Here's what I overheard:

LG(little girl, around 21/2 years old maybe 3):  I have to go.
LG again: I have to poop.
Mom: You are supposed to tell me when you need to use it.
LG: My daddy said
Mom:    I don't care what daddy said you are supposed to tell me when you need to use it.
LG: tomorrow?
Mom:    Not tomorrow, today
LG:   Monday?
Mom:    No, not Monday. today.
LG:  My daddy said
Mom:   I don't care what daddy said.  you are supposed to tell me when you need to use it.
LG:  starts singing
Mom:   did you go over in that corner and use it?
LG: still singing

I had to leave because I was practically peeing my pants it was so funny.  I ran into them later( I knew them because I recognized LG's shoes)  and told the mom how cute and funny her little girl was.  LG was wearing a straw hat that was for a grown woman and she couldn't see a thing.  Her mom warned her not to bump into me.  She lifted the hat, looked at me, put the hat back on and went on her merry way.
I said to the Mom, "on Monday" and we both cracked up. Oh,the joys of being a mom!

No comments: