Thursday, September 15, 2011

Out and About

Well, the whole world has gone mad....at least the driving population of my town has.  Yesterday, I had someone pull right in front of me!  I wasn't a car length from the drive she was in and out she comes!!
Three guesses....she was on the phone.  I don't think she even saw me.  I would have beeped her but my new Soul has the timidest sounding horn.  When we were going to Myrtle Beach a man almost hit our car on the highway when he was changing lanes(smack dab into where we were) so DH beeped him--I'd say he layed on the horn and the tiny beep beep that came out of the car was hilarious.  I didn't laugh at the time because he almost hit us but thinking back on it...well, it cracks me up every time.  DH probably wishes we had a horn like a semi.
I usually don't get upset when someone does something stupid on the road.  I'm not really in any hurry these days and I can wait for them to right the wrong and continue on my merry way but yesterday was the living end! 
I have a new iphone and I love playing on it but NOT IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The iphone is a fascinating tool.  It has a great camera and I can download all these free apps and I can shop at itunes.  That itunes could be a sticky wicket.  You know how one thing leads to another?  I thought that only applied to house repairs but apparently it applies to itunes also.  Once I get started it is hard to stop.  If anyone wants to buy me a gift--an itunes gift card will suit me fine.  It is so fun to go through all that music.  My first five downloads reflect my eclectic taste in tunes--CeeLo Green's Forget about You, Sharon, Lois and Bram's A-You're Adorable, Stevie Wonder's Isn't She Lovely, The Beatles DayTripper and Linkin Park's In the End(affectionately known at our house as the scrub brush song).
Our gym moved to a new location in a strip mall.  Which is all good.  More room and nicer amenities. Pull right up to the door.  Yesterday, I neglected to lock my car and quickly went back to do so.  When I opened the door I almost clocked two guys walking by.  Where did they come from?  Everybody apologized and no harm was done but geez, don't they know the rules?  Pull up to the store you want and go in.  Right?  Who walks the sidewalk at a strip mall?  Well, these two guys did.
SO, that is me out and about.  Some days I think I should just stay in!

No comments: