Monday, October 10, 2011

Just Sayin'

This weekend our DD was home for a visit and on Saturday we watched the OU/Texas game as she is an OU Sooner.  Boomer Sooner!!  Whatever the heck that means.
Anyway, the Sooners are a great team.  I have a bone to pick with them though.  Their colors are crimson and CREAM.  Really, boys?  Are you football players or interior designers?  Whatever happened to good old red and white??  You know, Red and white!  Fight! Fight!  Crimson and cream! Dream?  Dream?  Self-esteem? Self-esteem?  Not exactly Rah rah, is it now?
Texas is no better.  They have burnt orange.  Really?  I know you got that name out of the box of 64 crayons we all know and love.  And according to DD, they don't even have a second color.  Burnt Orange! Fight! Fight!   Not so much.
In my day you were two colors and they were plain--like green and white for old Shore Jr. High.  Or blue and gold for Euclid High school and Kent State University.  I even had a white fake fur top and a green skirt in eighth grade.  I know, I know.  What a fashion statement.  That top was like a burlap sack on too.  What was I thinking?  Well, in my defense, I was only thirteen years old.
In high school and college we could get a big yellow mum with a blue ribbon to wear to the big game. Oh, how I loved those corsages. I think they are out of style now.
Football is not my favorite sport but it is rough and tumble.  So if your school has a color like burnt orange, it's time to start a petition to change the name of the color....like to orange or brown...and not to crimson and cream either!

No comments: