Friday, December 5, 2008

The Goose is Getting Fat...

I heard on the news that every American gains one pound during the holidays. I hope that is me. One pound is nothing!! Just think how easy it is to get rid of one pound as compared to five or ten. You could just pee and lose a half a pound!!
So, in light of that information, I have given myself permission not to get back on the scale until January 2, 2009. That way I won't be beating myself up every time I eat a cookie or have an adult beverage. I won't think about the calories in just one little Lindt truffle( try the ones filled with vanilla cream--divine!!) or one little taste of Bailey's Irish Cream. I won't worry about eating mostly vegetables and hardly any dip.
In other words, I am going to give myself permission to have fun and enjoy life. I think the Christ child would be all for that as long as I don't overdo it. I'm sure my family will be glad not to hear me lecture about eating healthy foods. I still will make good food but I am not going to worry about low fat everything!
You know, I don't mean to obsess over food and calories but I have been watching my weight for so long, it is just a habit now. So this holiday season, I am taking a well deserved break. I will think about healthy eating on January 2nd and not one minute sooner!!
Pass the cookies and give me a glass of milk!

No comments: