Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Tomorrow I will be 61 years young.  I feel better than I have in my whole life even with the little aches and pains that plague us all as we age.
 I have a happy family and a DH.  I told my husband we are like cheese and sour cream.  They are in the same family, are totally different from each other but they go together well!  That's us in a nutshell.
I have a sister with whom I am close and we like to do a lot of the same things.  We have fun shopping and eating at our favorite tea room.  And believe me, we can shop anywhere!   Once we spent hours in Lowes--really!
I have good friends too.  Some of them are long time friends and some are newer friends.  Some live near me and some are far away and I barely get to see them.  But we keep in touch thanks to email. 
I don't even look too bad.  Oh, I am getting wrinkles and jowls but my eyes and bright and my smile is genuine.  I don't even look that bad in my driver's license picture.  When the guy took it he told me he would take it again if I wanted.  I would have done it too if he had a camera that made me look 20 years younger and 20 pounds thinner!!  So I just kept the first one because with my luck the second one would have been worse than the first!
Some people bemoan their age but I am trying to embrace it.  I hope I have a little more wisdom and a little more understanding and tolerance since I am older.  I try to, I really do.
As I sit here typing this, my heart is beating steadily, I have a healthy breakfast in my stomach and I am about to go out with my sis and tomorrow I will make cheese souffle for my family and we will drink raspberry champagne and eat cake.
What more could a girl ask for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy. Cheese souffle sounds scrumptious. Hope it was. I am with you--sixty, sixty-one. I feel better than I have for a few years, I am exercising, I am smiling and thanking God everyday for what I have! Life is good. Friends are great. Family is everything (esp. granddaughters!!!)