Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Moving On

There has been a gigantic moving van parked on the street across from my house for two days now.  Yesterday, I saw it arrive and I saw it slow down to a stop. I saw a guy driving it.  Then nothing....all day. Nobody returned to it or opened it let alone pack it up.  Finally at about three o'clock someone put one of those little glow in the dark triangles behind the truck.
It sat there all night.
Today, it is open.  There is nothing in it yet and it's almost 2:30.  There are like two boxes.  Nobody's front door is open and nobody is carrying things out of their garage. There's no ramp down to get into the back of the truck.
I don't know who's moving. I am guessing the people across the street because that house has been moved in and out of about 5 or 6 times in the last twenty years. But I'm just guessing.  There hasn't been any activity to make me suspect I'm right.
Now if I was moving I sure wouldn't want the moving van sitting in front of my house for two days without making any progress.
Hey, I just thought of this. What if the family is gone and the movers are just hanging out in the house for a little vacay??  Now that would be funny.  Oh well, I'm sure they will be travelling on their way soon.
Speaking of traveling, did you see the film of the lady in some really old film with a cell phone?  She is a suspected time traveler.   Now you know, if I was in charge of the time travel team, the first person I would send out would be an old lady!  You know how accurate they are and they always call you "dearie."
Taking my tongue out of my cheek, I have to say I want to believe it. I want to think that my grand kids can call me on their cells after I am gone and just talk to me like I am now.  How cool would that be?  Or even great grand kids?  You could get to know them even though you are really dead.  I'm liking this idea more and more.
I don't really think you can time travel and I'm pretty sure that cell phones won't work through the time portal and by the time there is time travel, the cell phone will be as outdated as that recent film clip of the time traveler!

PS  If you haven't seen the time traveler, just look on Youtube, I'm sure it's there.

No comments: