Thursday, December 12, 2013

Faking It

Do you believe this guy?  He had the nerve to get up in front of the world and fake sign language.  How on Earth did he think he would get away with it?  It was televised all around the world.  Did it not occur to him that perhaps some of the deaf community would be watching?  Maybe he thought deaf people don't watch television.
Well, he was wrong about that.  The outrage exploded and for every good reason.  It would be like someone trying to fake English or French. And apparently, this isn't the first time he did the job...just the first time on television in front of the entire world.
So today, the guy has defended himself......because he is schizophrenic! WHAT??  And that's his excuse?  Now he's just insulted a whole different community...the mental illness one.  Did he think everyone would feel so sorry for him that they would stop criticizing him?  I guess I'm a pessimist.  I'm willing to bet a nickel that he isn't schizophrenic!
Oh, that just makes me think of the story of the woman who was trying to steal a colleague's purse and got caught in the act by the owner of the purse.  You know what owner said?  You're stealing  my purse.  The woman stealing(who also had her hand inside the purse) said, No, I'm not.
You know if you screw up that bad just own it.
So to the guy who pretended to be a signer, I say we all salute him with a hand sign he will be able to understand.  I think you know which gesture I'm referring to. 
All together now, salute!
Sorry this was the only picture I could capture but we all know the correct salute,right?

No comments: