Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Shush!

We have a rule at our house. No talking to the television.  You know, when something happens and you go, Oh come on!--like that.  We don't want to do it and we try really hard not to do it. It might spoil the show for the others in the room.
Which is why my family doesn't let me watch football.  I can't help myself. I get all wrapped up in the game and shout at the players and the coaches.  I don't know why.  It's just the way I roll.
But yesterday, I couldn't help myself.  Really.  See the girl in the picture?  She's been "dead" for about two years.  Her husband is about to be remarried.....OK, let me pause here for a moment. (Don't you have to be gone 7 years before you are legally dead?)**
Anyway, she hovers at the door and watches the whole blamed thing before she makes her presence known.  WHATTHEHECK????????????????/  She is letting her husband be a bigamist.  Supposedly, he is the love of her life. But bigamy?  I guess it's not that big of a deal to her.  I think a man can go to jail for being a bigamist.  Did she ever think of that?  No she was too busy wallowing in her own self pity. Oh poor her, she was gone for two years and her husband found someone else.  What did she expect?  This is a soap opera, people.
Oh, yes there was a touching scene of her reunion with her little girl but still.  The kid wasn't a potential bigamist.
I kept yelling at that girl.  OMG, just go in there and say anything. and other stuff not quite as polite.  Let me tell you, I'm really glad I was the only one home!
** I was just reminded that charred remains were at the scene so she was legally dead.

No comments: