Saturday, December 14, 2013

Frozen

I came home yesterday afternoon and thought it felt a little chilly in the house. I looked at the thermostat and it was dark(it's digital).  OMG, the furnace was off.  It was 24 degrees outside.  What are we going to do?
Well, we bundled up and DH started making phone calls.  Every place he spoke to sent him to another place.  Finally, the guy at Honeywell told him he had to call the furnace guy, the one who replaced it LAST YEAR!  He also said to wait til morning or else it would cost us more money.  Then I  got nervous.
Well, we made it through the night thanks to our electric fireplaces in the family room and front room.
DH called the right guy this morning and got talked through fixing it so it didn't cost us anything!!  YAY!
I had visions of my Christmas money flying out of here in the pocket of the furnace guy.  But that didn't happen.
Apparently, someone(DH thinks it was probably me) hit the switch on the furnace.  Personally, I am blaming the power glitch we had yesterday afternoon as the clock on my oven was blinking away when I got home.  I had nothing to do with that!
Right now, I'm listening to the sweet sound of warm air flowing into my bedroom and it is the sweetest sound ever!

No comments: