Monday, December 27, 2010

A Cat Named Moose

When I first saw her she was so tiny she fit in the palm of my hand.  She tiptoed from my hand up to my shoulder and tucked her little head into my neck and she's been mine ever since.
She grew fat(sort of) and complacent(most of the time) and she loved to sit on our laps and she  called me MomMom.....I swear.
She was afraid of everything.  In her whole life she was never outdoors for more than 5 minutes.She hid in our closet when company came over.  Some people didn't believe she even existed.
She love my DH and played with a plastic stick with him for hours.  She loved her treats and could call for me three rooms away at 7 am if she wanted one or two or three.
She has been my affectionate companion for more than eleven years.
My little girl is sick......really sick.  She isn't eating or using the litter box.  She won't hardly come out of the closet and her little backbone is sticking out.  It all happened in less than two weeks.
We are taking her to the vet today and we will probably be saying goodbye to our little Moose..whose name she grew into over time!
Oh my little friend, you will be sorely missed.

No comments: