Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Of Cars and Other Things


I have no back up lights on my car. It's been for a long time too. I just try not to back up much. That means pulling through to the next space in a parking lot which means I always have to walk further. Get new ones you say?? Believe me, I tried. My regular mechanic who has fixed everything else can't figure out the problem. I would take it to the dealer but they ripped me off for 100 bucks to change a fuse! I thought it would behoove them(from a business standpoint) to just tell me the problem and to go home and fix it myself(or DH). So I refuse to go back to them EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get a kick out of most of those vanity license plates that people make up but I love it when a random one pops up that is just from the state. There was a time that people were getting COW and I wished I had that one. I saw one the other day at the grocery store and it said DOP and the driver drove like a dope!! It made me laugh out loud.

Sometimes people ask what car I would want if I could have any car in the world and I have to say I have it right now--my Beetle is my baby and I love her. I dreamed of owning one since I was 16 years old.

I read an article somewhere about the decade's worst cars and that tiny little "smart car" topped the list of the worst. Hard to handle, bumpy ride, causes motion sickness, has no pick up, but for some reason they are all over Europe! Well, they ride bikes a lot there maybe a little motion sickness doesn't bother them because at least they don't have to pedal. I rode a bike in Europe once and believe me it wasn't easy. Didn't drive in any major areas though--I just didn't have the skill.

They say you never forget how to ride a bike but I dare to disagree. You can and you might--I did. The only bike I'm ever getting on again is a stationary bike!

I think people make a lot of tiny mistakes every day while driving. Some would disagree with that but I am talking about little things like cutting too close or forgetting your blinker or going 30 in a 25 zone. I know I do and I bet you do too. That DOP sure did!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When you told me that story, why did I think the guy's license plate was *actually* DOPE?

Me=nuts. :) <3

Unknown said...

I dont know You must not have been listening ;)