Thursday, August 26, 2010

Frogger

Since I seem to be on a roll with frogs, I just found out that there is a frog that is the size of a pea.  No kidding!  Scientists just discovered its existence recently.  I don't know if it is poisonous or what good it does for the environment but how cute is that??  The size of a pea!
It seems like a cross between two fairy tales gone wild--the princess and the pea who turned into a frog!  I like it!  It may be a new classic.
Anyway, scientists discovered them because they made "harsh, rasping noises" at sundown.  The scientist  and I quote"made them" jump onto a white cloth to study them.  I just wondered how you make a frog do what you want.  I would have loved to be there.  Did they say," Jump,frog,jump"??   Or "Get onto the white cloth or else"? or "Pretty please with a fly on top"?  They probably really just prodded or poked them but I just got that mental picture and it made me laugh.
I saw a picture of one of the frogs by a penny but I didn't copy it to post here because it just looks like a little blob on the side of the penny.  I found a better pic but remember this little guy is only 10.6mm in size.
Now that that's done, maybe we can get on to the problem of global warming or animal extinction.

No comments: