Monday, October 25, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

It is pouring outside.  Literally pouring.  It is gloomy and ugly and I should be so depressed but I'm happy.  You know why?  Because the rain stopped the digging on my street and the jackhammer too!  YAY!  It is really noisy and I'm probably the only one who cares because most of my neighbors are at work.  They miss it.  It starts daily at 9 and pounds until 5--every day--for the last two weeks.
I don't know what in the heck they  are digging about.  I've seen trucks from every utility and the hole is square and DEEP!  You wouldn't want to fall in it, believe me.  It is right in my neighbor's side yard too.  It must be making them crazy--getting their lawn all dug up I mean.  Over the weekend the workers "fix" it and it looks like a T Rex went through their yard.
A rainy day like this is a great day to read a book but I just finished the last one I had last night. Too bad, guess I'll just stick to old movies and soaps!
Monday is a day when I like to get errands done. Luckily, I headed out early and beat the rain home.  I just went to the grocery store,nothing thrilling.
Monday is the day I do laundry...well, I should say one of the days.  Since we work out every day, the laundry piles up faster than a speeding bullet.  I can just keep up during the week, but over the weekend, I just let it go and wait until Monday, Laundry day.
Anyway, it's raining it's pouring, the old man is..............wait, that's it I'll take a little nap.  See ya!

No comments: