Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013

 I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love I'm in love with a wonderful......oh, wait  I'm in love with four guys.  Yes, it's true.  I fell in love over and over last night and I'll tell you why.
I fell in love with Ben Affleck for his excited, rambling, overwhelmed acceptance speech.  Handsome and sweet, what's not to love?
Daniel Day Lewis was teary but pulled it together to tease Meryl Streep and go on to give a moving acceptance. I loved what he said about his wife.
Hugh Jackman ran up to help that poor Jennifer Lawrence when she fell unlike Bradley Cooper who was only two seats away from her and just sat there.  My DD says it was Bradley but I'm sticking to my guns. It was Hught, ok?
The biggest surprise for me was falling for Seth McFarland.  All I knew about him was that show Family Guy which I find disgusting and offensive and my kids love. So I expected a total jerk and instead I got a total entertainer.  I hope he will be the host of the Oscars for this generation like the perennial Bob Hope who was the host in my youth.
My DH is used to my Hollywood loves so he doesn't really mind but this is my first multiple so I don't know what he's thinking.  Really it is totally innocent and from afar so what's the harm?
The best part is I don't have to pick one.  I can have them all and how often does that happen?  Am I right?



No comments: