Friday, December 4, 2009

Indy and Me



Last night I went with my boys to see Star Wars, the concert. It was the Royal Philharmonic and Anthony Daniels(C3PO) was the narrator. There were laser lights and explosions and fire and a giant screen with movie clips and sound effects. It was spectacular.


There were some people dressed up for the occasion and I don't mean in tuxes and evening gowns. There were Princess Leias and stormtroopers and Darth Vader and tons of Star Wars tee shirts and more light sabers than you could shake a stick at! (Pardon the pun) There were hawkers outside of the Q selling them for five bucks. Nobody bought me one.


There were people selling pop and cotton candy and souvenir booklets. It was pretty amazing in more ways than one.


And I got to sit next to Indiana Jones.


What was he doing there? He must have realized he was Han Solo in another incarnation.


Indy was all you would expect. He had his hat and his tattered jacket and boots. He even got a whip but I'll get to that later.


He was covered in pink sugar and had a sticky ring around his mouth from the Pepsi, cotton candy and Twizzlers he consumed. He kicked the bad guy in front of him right in the keister and leaned on my shoulder more than once. He kicked me a couple of times but it was by accident.


During intermission he braved the crowd and went on an adventure and came back with his whip(Twizzlers if you hadn't guessed by now). He kept wanting to know if the show was over.


He was three years old and absolutely adorable!


May the force be with him...and you!

No comments: