Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Saw and the Cake


Yesterday I saw the most unique drag queen I have ever seen--not that I have seen many but I'm just sayin'. She was Miss Richfield 1981 of Minnesota where butter is a spice and gravy is a beverage or so she said.

She was at the Cake Boss and she wanted a cake that she could jump out of during her Holiday show in NYC. They measured her and added some girth because she was going to wear a Christmas tree costume. It turned out so big they couldn't get it in the door so she just jumped in it outside the theater and greeted her audience outside!

But she was not just another drag queen...oh, no, sir. When she got out of the cake she demonstrated her "talent" from her Beauty Pageant days. She sat in a folding chair and dragged out a bow and a saw and played Silent Night!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I just changed the channel!
P.S. The picture is Miss Richfield but that's not me with her!

No comments: