Sunday, April 10, 2011

Just Dont Do It

Don't break your rib.  Don't crack your rib.  Don't bruise your rib.  I did one of those( the crack) and let me tell you the pain is unbelievable.  It happened Tuesday in one of those you won't believe this situations.  Really, I was washing my hair and that's all you're getting.  Just trust me, it really hurts....a lot.
Breathing hurts.  Coughing really hurts and in the bathroom, well, you don't even want to know.
Don't laugh either.   Don't reach for anything or bend down or reach up.  Don't get up from your chair....oh, wait you have to, Ouch!  
Don't lay down.  Sleep sitting up in the same chair.  
Go to the emergency room.  Take the drugs even if they have side effects.  Side effects go away but not the pain.  Drugs just take the edge off.
Be prepared to fall asleep often.  It's the drugs.  It can't be helped.
Don't drive.  Don't try to exercise in any way.
Don't ask how long it will last.  You probably don't want to know.
Take showers and let the water hit you where it hurts most.  That is temporary relief.
I know I sound like a big baby and maybe I am.  Some people have intense chronic pain and I have a new respect for them, believe me.  Especially if their drugs work as "well" as mine do.
Just take my advice, won't you.  It is really good advice!

1 comment:

Regina Clark said...

Thank you Sue. I couldn't have said it better myself.