Friday, April 15, 2011

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World

According to  People magazine, Jennifer Lopez is the most beautiful woman in the world.  I think she is beautiful and talented and seems like a really nice girl when she is on American Idol.  She has a lovely face, a smokin' hot body and she's a mom. And have you seen those hair ads she's been doing?  WOW!  I was happy to hear she was chosen.
But today, the flack has begun.  People on the Internet(real people not the magazine) are saying she is not beautiful. That she's been chosen because she is on American Idol.  Some say she's been on People's list too many times.  Someone even said "meh" about her.
You know, I'd love to see these naysayers.  I bet they are average like most of us.  They really outdo most of us in judgmentalness.  I know that  isn't a real word but I just made it up as it fits the anti-Jens.  Hmm. I just made up that word too.  You know, as an average person, I enjoy looking at beautiful people of both sexes but I would never feel I could judge who is the most beautiful.
I think back to that old song, The Most Beautiful Girl In the World written by Rogers and Hart.  The gist of the song is that the most beautiful girl in the world is the one you love and who makes you see the world as a wonderful place.  Who can argue with that?  And who can judge that?  I saw Jimmy Durante sing it to Martha Raye in Jumbo.  Look them up if you don't know them and you'll see that I'm right. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I don't know what criteria People magazine uses for choosing the most beautiful...I'm thinking they are somewhat objective but so what if they aren't.  So maybe JLo is on American Idol and has a new album coming out but so what?  She's still beautiful and I think we should all just relax and enjoy the view.

No comments: