Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Well...that's a Deep Subject

Well, I am making progress.  I can actually breathe a little without screaming in pain.  I can reach things at eye level and waist level.  I can bend down very very carefully if I do a giant plie--very slowly.  I can fold laundry and put it in the dryer or the washer.  I can get it out if I am really careful.
I can't dig in my freezer yet so DH has to be the housewife.  He's doing pretty well but needs some more practice which I'm pretty sure he'll be getting in the coming days.   As he says, one step at a time.  Husbands were not made to be housewives.  I have to say I never got those stay at home dads.  I'll bet the DW spend a lot of time cleaning up what the stay at home dad forgot to do.  Just saying.
I still can't sleep laying down.  I might roll over onto my rib and that would be really bad.  I still can't laugh very much because it hurts.  Also can't make any fast moves.
I have to give up exercising for 4 weeks.  I'm sure I will be completely out of shape by then!  It is driving me crazy that I can't go.  To be honest, I was getting a little tired of the routine but now that I can't go that's all I want to do!  Crazy, huh?
I tried taking a short walk over the weekend and well, you can just forget it.  It hurt!  No kidding, just a little walk down to the end of the street and back.  I guess you don't realize how much your bones all work together to keep you going.  I need to consult Dr. Oz about that.  I've been seeing a lot more of him as I have seen a lot more television in general.  Yesterday, the TW crew was working on the cable box outside of my house and I missed about 53 minutes of All My Children and I was pissed!  I know I can watch it on line any time I want but I wanted to watch it then and there. 
Since our soaps seem to be doomed to cancellation, I don't want to miss any of them if I don't have to.  I made an exception for vacation because that's how I roll.  TV and vacation don't mix unless your watching the weather channel in my humble opinion.
Well, at least I can type and read although I haven't held up a book yet.  Not sure how that would go.  I have to tell my kids I really need that I pad or a Nook or something.  They aren't so heavy as a book.
I can also do my crossword puzzle every day so my brain doesn't completely atrophy.
Oh, and I can drive....a little.  I drove to the doctor and my sister's yesterday(both about 6 minutes away) and last night I was exhausted and a little sore too.  So today I will stay home so I can go out a little tomorrow.  I'm no dummy!
Well, that's my current situation.  I still stand by my advice:  Just Don't do it!!

No comments: