Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trapped Within

Because we are having a massive heat wave I have chosen to stay indoors today.  I did go work out this morning first but since then it's been home sweet home.  Let me tell you self-imposed exile is not all it's cracked up to be!
First, you feel compelled to work.  I cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom, walls, shower curtain woodwork, all the fixtures--I mean the works.  I even scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees!
Of course after that I deserved a treat which came in the form of big salty pretzels and fizzy water.  So half good and half bad.  I then felt really guilty and so I took a shower and worked a little more but not so I got sweated up again--just laundry.
Then I felt like I deserved another reward and I read the book I am currently into.  It is a historical fiction(my fave lately) and is about the same king and queen I've read about before.  Edward and Elizabeth of England.  She was a commoner and they got married in secret.  It's pretty good stuff.
Then I felt guilty that I hadn't written here in a while so I tried to come up with a topic and it took until now to decide to write about my day.
So there you are.  My day in a nutshell.
I sure spend a lot of time feeling guilty and a lot of time doing laundry!  That's the life..at least when you are trapped indoors.

No comments: