Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hair


No, not the musical. The stuff on your head. I was looking at my picture on this blog and already I don't look anything like that. I have been working on a bob--not my favorite look but I felt like growing my very short hair out for a change and it is in that inbetween stage--right at the chin, not a good look for most, if you want to know the truth.

Yesterday, I decided to curl it up with the skinniest of my curling irons. My sister thought I got a perm, probably a bad one, I ran into people I haven't seen in a long time and I can't help but wonder what they thought of my hair. I kinda thought it looked like clown hair but DH swore to me that it didn't(come to think of it he never said if it looked nice or not--very discreet, my man).

This morning it is slightly curly on one side and flat as a pancake on the side where I slept on it the most. It is pretty hilarious. I would take a picture but I'm afraid I'm too vain to do that.

Anyway, I only want my hair long enough to make a ponytail when I am working or a french twist when I have to go to a wedding or other occasion. It should only take about another year or so if I can hold out that long.

My hair looks great when my hairdresser does it. I always tease her that if I win the lottery she is coming over to my house every morning to do my hair!! She can get it so full and fluffy and stylish and then I go home and try to do the same and it is a weak facsimile of her artistry. Thanks goodness it is such a good cut because even with my poor skills, it looks pretty good.

Anyway, I am staying away from the curling iron for a while! Unless, I try the one with the larger barrel...hmmmm, that might work.

Sometimes, there is nothing you can do with your hair no matter what. The pic at the top of this blog is a case in point!

No comments: