Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Smiley Face

When I leave the house, I try to always keep a smile on my face. As I am getting older, the lines by my mouth can make me look a little severe and my lips are shrinking also. I don't want to look anymore like a Muppet than I already do(the no lips thing) so I try to keep smiling.
This is an interesting phenomenon...people smile back. It always surprises me as I forget I am smiling and I wonder why they are. Some people go so far as to say hello to me. I figure they think I know them and they just can't recall from where but they better say hi just in case.
Yesterday, I was smiling because the weather was nice and I was driving home from the grocery with scallops(my favorite) for dinner. As I was travelling along and coming up on a red light, I noticed a police car sitting in a driveway on my right. I didn't think much of it so I pulled up behind the stopped car ahead of me. So did the next car...and suddenly, the cop car pulls out behind that car and pulls up on my left(in a turn lane) and the driver looks at me like he would like to kill me...so I smiled....and it didn't work. He turned on his flashing lights and took off in front of all of us and a group of cars in front of us and kept going until he came to a break in the traffic. Then he turned off his lights and continued on his merry way. Did the man ever hear of a turn signal?? If he had one on I would have let him out of the driveway--no problem. Oh well, at least I didn't get a ticket.

No comments: