Thursday, May 28, 2009

Who Cares?

I don't know about you but I'm sick of hearing about Jon and Kate? If you said Who? you are definitely in the minority. I am guessing you said Me too! I don't really care if they get a divorce or stay together. These two selfish individuals have paraded their young children around in front of the entire nation with no go-ahead from the kids(of course they are too young to protest). Maybe some of them don't want to be on television. Maybe none of them want to be.
I can imagine them in a few years from now watching the boxed set of their young lives. I'm guessing they might not be thrilled--especially when the parents are on the couch with no kids around. They reveal a lot on that couch(no hankypanky there--get your ind out of the gutter). I don't think any of us want to hear our parents analyze their marriage! Please, some things are sacred...or just too gross for the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just imagine if your parents had done that. I know I'm glad mine didn't! I'm sure my kids are grateful that we didn't either.
Now on the other hand, there is someone who is very verbal about television appearances and that is Susan Boyle!(If you said who again you are really in the minority) She has been dropping the F-bomb when people comment that her rival(a twelve year old girl who I saw dressed in a tutu) had a better voice than she did. Well, who'd have thunk it?? The little worm turns!!! Not that I think she should be dropping the F-bomb, but she has suffered criticism and rebuke all her life. People have openly admitted to mocking her and being cruel to her(but not now, now they love her...oh, please) so maybe she doesn't handle harsh words(at least to her ears) well. I say she's within her rights...well, not so much for the swearing.
She isn't exactly a continental type though, is she? We expect her to have the same reaction as someone who is Hollywood trained and when she doesn't everybody goes into shock. I was really happy for her at first but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she should just be that oddball in her own town who happens to have an astounding voice. Maybe that's what she thinks too.

No comments: