Monday, July 27, 2009

Good Ad/Bad Ad

Have you seen Mary J Blige in a new commercial? I don't even know what it was for I was so fascinated by her. As she walked toward the camera, she would do a movement and her entire outfit and hair changed--presto!! I want to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so cool. I was so fascinated by the phenomenon, I paid no attention to what was being said or sold. Now that is my kind of commercial. Sometimes, I am glad we can't fast forward all the time.
On the other hand, it was followed by a commercial for McDonalds McCafe( you have to imagine the little mark over the Cafe--I can't find it to insert.) Anyway this guy in a minivan gets ragged on by a biker about his vehicle and then it starts to rain and the van guy gets all smug and says, "that's a Van-Ay to you." At least that's what I thought he said. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what in the heck that was supposed to mean. I have probably seen the commercial ten times and it finally dawned on me that he is saying van-ay to rhyme with cafe!!
omg That was completely stupid. Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous in less than a minute!!
Then to add insult to injury, we were watching THE STORM on NBC (not the whole thing just the last 25 minutes whilst waiting for the news. And they showed Treat Williams getting a massage (he's the bad guy I think) and it showed his bare body. Not all of it mind you, just a ...shall we say slice of his torso. OMG Mr Williams you should not have agreed to let that be shown. Older men and women should stay covered up!!!! Trust me. All I could think was "MY EYES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's amazing what can get packed into less than five minutes of television, isn't it? I think I'll read a book tonight!

No comments: