Saturday, April 11, 2009

When a Body

The human body is an amazing thing. My poor ankle is healing so fast. It is about a thousand times better today. However little things I didn't notice in the first 24 hours are creeping up. My left leg muscle must be totally bruised as I can hardly get up off a chair. I have a black and blue mark on my left thumb. Both my shoulders feel as if they had been torn form the socket. Other than that I feel really good.
The meds I am taking are really doing the job though. I hate to think what I would feel like if I didn't have prescription strength Motrin. Wait, I do know what I would feel like....like a Mac truck hit me and I know that from experience. No, no I didn't get hit by a truck. I fell out of bed in the middle of the night. Mother Nature called(darn her) and I heeded the call but didn't realize my foot was tangled in the covers and down I went. My husband even woke up and he sleeps like the dead. The whole house shook and I was a mess! For two days, I couldn't even get out of bed to go to the doctor. The pain was terrible. I didn't have an prescription strength anything so I had to tough it out on low dose.
Falling is a weird experience. I can never remember how it happens exactly. One minute I am walking along or getting out of bed and the next minute, I am flat on the floor thanking God that at least I didn't hit my head. Although I've done that too. Now that really hurts!!! I hit myself on the head with my car(long story..you had to be there or at least know my car) and I saw stars. I thought someone made those up for the cartoons. I was wrong. I'm pretty sure I had a concussion but I didn't even go to the doctor. Who had time?? I was a working mom then. I really rattled my brains though and I can hardly remember the next couple of days. I just remember my boss laughing at a little mistake I made and I just burst into tears. Scared him a little!!
So, dear reader, my advice to you is just don't fall down or hit yourself over the head with a car and try to make it through the night without answering Mother Nature's call and you'll be just fine!

No comments: