Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One Hundred Days

Do you know what you've been doing for the last 100 days?? I don't. I have to be honest ...they have flown by without much notice by me. I know somebody who probably remembers everything that has happened in the last one hundred days.....President Obama!
He has been one busy president, hasn't he? He has been contending with two wars, a crumbling economy, Wall Street, Main Street, unemployment, travelling, entertaining, training a new puppy, pirates and now, for the cherry on the sundae-----SWINE FLU!! Yikes, how does this poor man keep himself together anyway?? I have enough trouble keeping the house clean, fixing dinner, and going to the mall or some store a couple times a week! I guess that's why I'm not the President!
Swine flu has been touted as a pandemic and nobody knows what will happen. I remember having Hong Kong flu in college. It was awful---I literally crawled to the communal bathroom on my hands and knees because I was so weak. It all started in the middle of the night and I won't even go there except to say---I never ever want that to happen to me again! So I have great empathy for the poor sufferers of Swine Flu or whatever we're supposed to call it now--F1N4 or something like that.
I don't think that anyone will ever call it that except representatives of the government and doctors. I just heard it yesterday and I can't even remember it so I'm guessing I won't be the only one.
Anyway, I hope that President Obama is a good hand washer as he was recently in Mexico and it would be really bad if he got that G2N6...um, swine flu. If he gets it he better know every shortcut to every bathroom in the White House. I know from experience!
Tonight the President is going to have a press conference to take questions about his first 100 days. I hope he doesn't come down with the flu before then!

No comments: