Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sleepless in Mentor



Once in a while, I just can't sleep....no matter what I do. Last night was one of those and of course it was the night before the only day of the week that I work so I couldn't sleep late in the morning.


I do drift off at long last(4:30 am last night...or this morning) and this morning I slept until 8.


My husband had to shovel me out of bed and onto my feet but I made it to work on time. I went up to do my duties and another woman was doing my job! WHAT?????????? I go on vacation for a week and I'm replaced??????


I met this woman before and she "helped" me do my job so I guess she thinks she's an expert now. I left. All I wanted to do was to go home to bed, but did I? No, I did not.


Late night television is really weird. There are all kinds of obscure movies and repeats of the daytime shows like Oprah. The food channel has repeats and so does HGTV and they show stuff like House Hunters--International. Last night I watched a couple pick out a house in Holland. Then the property virgins and first time buyers were on and I watched them get their dream homes and cringed at the mortgages these kids were taking on.


I had blankets on and I tried laying down but I just kept getting more awake. I finally tried again at 4:30 and it finally worked..I fell asleep. I was dreaming that Frank Sinatra was doing something with my family but then a deep, deep scary voice called my name and it was DH and it was time for him to get up and me to sleep for an hour in our bed.


So, hopefully, tonight sleep will not escape me. I could go to bed right now but I'll clean house instead...a nice brainless activity for a brainless, sleep-deprived day.


No comments: