Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Lemons or Lemonade?

I am removing wall paper border from one of the bedrooms upstairs.  I am moving my office to the other bedroom which does not have border...thank goodness.
If you are a young family considering putting up border or wall paper let me tell you my story.
There are two layers to my border.  There is the vinyl which is the decorative part and there is the backing that is glued on the wall like.......well, glue.
First you have to pull off the vinyl.  Now here is the lemonade/lemon part.  Sometimes it comes down in a nice long strip from top to bottom and all the way across for about 2 or 3 feet.   Sounds not so bad right?  Well that is the lemonade part.  Sometimes you pull and get a tiny little scrap that sticks under your fingernail or it's skinny, skinny and most of the border remains on the wall.
So, if you are thinking of doing a border, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all that you still have to remove the glued on part called the backing.  You have to get it really wet and then remove it with a plastic scraper.  Again, sometimes it's easy peasy and sometimes, not so much.
I've been at it for an hour and I am more sweaty that when I work out and walk at the mall.  My new haircut is pretty much ruined and I know I can never make it look like the stylist did.  I'm dying of thirst, but I had to write this first.
So again, wallpaper border is pretty
but DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: