Thursday, January 9, 2014

Weather Report Continued

Well, it is really nice and warm today.  It is nine degrees right now.  I am in my bathing suit.   Not really, just kidding you.
When it is so cold you just don't function like you usually do.  I never peek outside my door.  The drapes are shut and the blinds are down to keep in the heat and all the lights inside are blazing.
Because I didn't look or go outside yesterday, I almost missed a delivery.  Luckily, the store in question emailed me this morning that it was delivered so I pulled it inside, in my bathing suit.  Haha, just kidding again.
In my family, I am famous for my wonderful pizza.
Homemade dough and everything.  Well, on Monday, I thought I'd surprise DH and make one for dinner.  It was a dismal failure.  It was a sticky unrisen mess.  I don't know why.  I didn't give up though.  I emailed him to buy a new bag of flour on the way home and I'd try again on Tuesday.  Monday, we ate soup.
Well, on Tuesday it was the coldest day ever so I decided to rise the dough in the oven and I turned it to the lowest temp I could.  Problem was, I forgot to turn off the oven and I ended up with a cooked on the outside, sticky mess in the middle thing.  I threw it out, threw in the towel and DH brought home a pizza.
We're having chili tonight!

No comments: