Thursday, January 23, 2014

Who's Sorry Now?

Yesterday, I went to get new glasses.  I really need them since I've been having headaches every evening.  I know it is from eye strain.
I went to a very unfriendly eye doctor and after my short exam, I got my prescription and headed over to pick out some frames.
I found a few I liked real well and sat down with an employee to try them on.  She took pictures of me in them so I could see how I looked.  That was very unsatisfying so stupid me asked for a mirror. I wanted to see how they looked when I was animated and not just a flat picture.
I WILL NEVER do that again.
I think I look pretty good for my age and I take pretty good care of myself but when I looked in that magnifying mirror I thought I would drop dead of shock.  First of all, my hair looked like a haystack.  If that wasn't bad enough every single wrinkle stood out like a sore thumb.  I even saw brown age spots I had never seen before. OMG!!! I was mortified.
I picked out glasses anyway and I thought they looked cool so I bought them.  Even if I'm old and I have scraggly hair, I still want to look cool.  Know what I mean?

No comments: