Monday, January 6, 2014

Snow, Snow, Snow

Pretty, isn't it?  Not so pretty if you have to drive in it for 6 and 1/2 hours.  Just ask DD.  She headed home to Michigan yesterday in horrible weather.  It usually takes her about 2 hours less than that.
She is brave and strong and was a little nervous but she made it.  She took a couple of breaks and once just waited for the blast to subside a bit.  When she got home she had to shovel a path to her condo. She said the snow was thigh deep!  That, folks, is a lot of snow.
I am not brave and strong and I'm really really nervous but I drove in the snow for a whole mile and a half. Twice.  My little Kia slipped and slid and went right past my street on New Years Eve but I kept on keeping on and I made it home with no mishaps.  Well, I guess sliding right past your street is a mishap but nobody else was involved.
I drove today to go  and work out and it was snowing and blowing again when I left so I just clenched my teeth and my abs(after all I just worked out) and went for it and got here without incident.  It took me all of 6 and 1/2 minutes.
I guess it just goes to show that you can do anything if you have to!



No comments: