Thursday, August 7, 2008

ANother FIne FIlm I've Gotten Myself Into

Remember the strange movies I've been seeing this summer?? My streak continues with the fine film, Household Saints. Oh, those wacky Catholics!! This story starred Tracy Ullman and Vincent D'Onofrio as the NY parents of a daughter who wanted to be a saint. Really. She wanted to be like St. Therese, the little flower. Not being Catholic that doesn't mean a whole lot to me but the Saint did little things and that is how she got her saintdom(hood)...again, pardon my ignorance.
So the kid tries to be perfect, grows up and wants to be a nun which her father nixes big time so she meets a boy(Tony Soprano's cousin that he whacked at the end of the show) and lives with him.(It is the swinging 70's) and while she is ironing his shirt she sees Jesus. Who comes to her in the form of JERRY JAX( the villain on GH). I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.
Jerry Jax looked angelic except for a dirty shroud and she offered to wash it for him but he gave her hundreds of shirts like the one she was ironing instead.
SO anyway, she is considered a giant nut case and sent off to a Catholic looney bin where she says she plays pinochle with God, Jesus and St. Therese and God cheats. (Like he would need to but He claimed it was fun) The she dies.
So there you go--another classic to add to my growing list of Movies I Watched But Why I'll Never Understand Why.

No comments: