Friday, October 10, 2008

George and the Giant Unibrow

Well, I feel so much better now. The President just spent 5 minutes reassuring me that everything is going to be all right. If he just didn't have that unibrow of wrinkles across the bridge of his nose and the waves of worry lines across his forehead I might have believed him.
Where the heck has he been for the last few days?? It sure took him long enough to get out here and talk to us.
He obviously didn't take my advice about the (ahem) Botox. He looks like those furrows are growing by the month--that is about how long it's been since we've seen him, isn't it?? Five minutes of stilted reading from a script didn't do much to ease my worries.
Oh well, he won't be around much longer(I mean his Presidency is almost over). I hope the next guy gets out there and talks to us at least every week and more if needed. And I hope he doesn't choose a time to speak when most people are at work and couldn't hear his reassurances.
Not that we won't hear it a million times over on the news but you know what I mean?
George and his unibrow can't be out of there soon enough for me...but in the meantime, I plan on watching the progress of his wrinkles!

No comments: