Saturday, November 23, 2013

At the Library

Well, when I went to the library this week, the most amazing thing happened.  First, I noticed a police car parked in the lot which seemed weird. I never saw one there before.  As I parked, I turned my head and there were five patrol cars all clustered at one end of the lot.
WOWZA!  Stuff like that never happens at the library.  I wondered what on earth they were all doing there. As I approached, I saw an officer handcuff this old, scruffy looking guy and another officer handcuffed a blond woman.
I couldn't stop staring.  Well, to be honest, nobody could from the little baby with his grandpa to the library workers all standing in the lobby.
I can't imagine what they did.  Maybe they had huge outstanding fines.  Probably not, but what would bring them to the library???
I'll never know, but it was the most exciting thing I've seen in a long time.

No comments: