Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Phone-y Baloney

I was taking my daily walk at the mall this morning.  It was a pretty cold morning so I wimped out and didn't walk outside.  Anyway, as I was walking, a young man was coming toward me(going in the wrong direction, of all the nerve.  All of us walkers know the rules and which way is the right direction!) and he was talking to himself and shaking his head.  I felt sorry for him because I thought maybe something was wrong with him as that isn't natural behavior usually.  Silly me, he was on the phone.  As he got closer I saw the wire that went to his earpiece.
Then, later I saw a lady who was talking and not even moving her mouth.  Was she a ventriloquist.  But the longer I listened, I realized, she had her speaker phone on.  She wasn't talking her friend was.
Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

No comments: