Sunday, October 11, 2009

Uninspired

Not every day can be an inspiration. Somehow greeting cards and sappy movies have convinced us that they can and should be. Some days are just days to get through.
Yesterday was one of those days for me. I had been sick on Thursday night and all day Friday(although I did manage a visit to the tea room with my sister) and I slept from 10pm on Friday night until 10am on Saturday morning. SO the day should have flown by, right? Wrong.
We went out for a little while because we needed a new heater for our family room as we gave our old one to our daughter for her new place. That was a big mistake. I was so tired after a half an hour I wished I had stayed home. Even though my new heater looks like a fireplace and is exactly what I wanted, I should have stayed home.
The rest of the day is a blur.....a boring blur. I had no reading material and all the crosswords I tried were beyond my brain power(of which I had very little). I wasn't still sick but I wasn't well either. We did end up eating some dinner and watched a movie(Marley and Me, which was actually quite good). I thought I should go to bed around midnight so I did and of course then I couldn't fall asleep. I must have dozed though because I woke up when DH came to bed around 1 and then I couldn't get back to sleep for an hour!
Finally I camped out on the couch and slept there until around 8 am. So now it is Sunday and I feel pretty normal. I actually watched a food show this morning and the food looked good--not gross so that is a good sign.
DH is on call this weekend so we will stay home again today but I think I can actually do something--probably laundry or putting dishes away or cleaning the sink in the bathroom but at least I'll be occupied and not exactly inspired but not uninspired either!

No comments: