Thursday, September 11, 2008

Here, Piggy, Piggy

I cannot believe the brouhaha over this lipstick on a pig comment. How could anyone be so stupid as to think that Obama would make a crack like that about Sarah Palin?? How can the Republicans prey on that stupidity?
Somebody(a McCain supporter in spite of disliking Palin intensely(???????) couldn't wait to tell me yesterday about how Obama had called Palin a pig. I hadn't heard the story as it was the first thing in the morning when I was confronted but I said I thought that didn't really sound like Obama to me.
It was really interesting because on The View the other day, Whoopi said she hoped that Obama wouldn't say anything about Palin at all lest he be misinterpreted or something. And old( I mean young) staunch Republican Elizabeth Hasselback defended Obama saying he was too much of a gentleman to stoop so low.The very next day, I am hearing this story.
Anyway, the truth is that Obama was talking about McCain's policies and his kind of "change." He said that McCain's policies are the same as Bush's and calling it change was like putting lipstick on a pig---it's still a pig. I heard on the news last night that the Republicans went ballistic because Palin also used the word lipstick. Does that mean we can't use any of the words that Palin spoke? She was pretty verbose and that will really cramp my style--she said hockey mom and eBay and jet and bridge to nowhere and a lot of other stuff. Now nobody can repeat those words in any other context? They now belong to her and if we use them we are mocking her and calling her a...a...a.....bridge to nowhere??? See how silly that is?
And if her opponent wishes to use the same strategy, he could be saying that McCain is mocking him when he says "change." This could get going so that no candidate could open his/her mouth.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....maybe I'm on to something there!!

No comments: