Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Miles to Go Still

I promise today is not about the presidential candidates. It's all about me. I have been going to the YMCA now for about 6 weeks and I am proud to report that to date I have gained 15 pounds!!!!! In only six weeks!! WHAAAAAT? I gained?? Oh, I know why--it is all the muscle I have developed. They do say that muscle weighs more than fat. That must be it-especially all the muscle that I gained AROUND MY WAIST!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my problem--when I didn't work out at all, I lost 30 lbs. and kept it off for almost a year. Ever since I started working out--oh well, you know. What happened to sweat equity. You should see the sweat I generate!! I walk on the treadmill at an incline of 7(I don't know what that means but it sure sounds impressive doesn't it?); I ride the bike at a resistance of 5(still don't know what that means either) and I am still fat--fatter than I've been in a while!
30 minutes, 4 days a week and yoga once a week... see why I am a little frustrated.
I don't wear any kind of fancy clothing and I hook up to the televisions so the time goes a little faster(except at Yoga) and still NOTHING!!!
It might have something to do with the food I've been eating but it couldn't possibly be that little bit of candy or apple pie I've let myself have, could it?? Are all the pleasures of life out of my grasp now? I don't eat a whole bag of candy or chips or soda with sugar. I only drink 2 glasses of wine and hardly ever more than that.
So do you think I'm giving up?? No, not me. I will continue to torture myself on that darn treadmill and the bike so at least I will be a bit healthy. I will try to give up the candy and the other treats but never permanently. I may be a little bit fat for the rest of my life but I won't be the only one, that's for sure!!

No comments: