Thursday, September 25, 2008

Man, Oh Man IV

The weather here has been perfect as one could wish for--every day. Men have been outside cutting the grass. It is about 72 degrees or so and What's this?? Cutting Grass Guy has no shirt on!!?!?!?!??! I am not talking about a buff and beautiful young man, nosiree. I am talking over 50, beer gut swaying, kinda hairy totally unattractive shirtless guy. As I told my sister, MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which brings me to the new Verizon ad where the father in a jumpsuit and NO SHIRT AND BEER BELLY picks his kid up from school. Now is it just me...I don't remember anybody in any club I was ever in dressed like that--even skinny. What are these people thinking?? Now that mother is no better but at least her flab is mostly covered up.
Which brings me to President Bush(speaking of covering up Yuk-yuk). Did you see him on television last night? The poor thing has such a row of wrinkles between his eyes it looks like he grew a unibrow! I hardly heard what he said because I couldn't take my eyes off of it! I wanted to laugh but I felt sorry for him too( I know I know). Maybe he should see someone about a little Botox.
Which brings me to Bill Gates. He was interviewed on the NBC news last night and you will be relieved to know that he is not worried about the present economic crisis. Oh, really?? You are just one of the richest men in the world, your job is not in jeopardy and neither is your pension. You have plenty of money for gasoline and groceries and all the other things your family needs so why in the he** would you be worried?? I guess it was supposed to make us mere mortals feel better about the whole thing if Bill Gates wasn't worried but it did nothing for me. Oh yeah, and for a guy with so much money why does he look like a 85 year old man already??
Which brings me to the Brian and Joe telethon. If you aren't local, they are a disc jockey team that raises money for Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital. A wonderful cause and I am all for raising money any way they can. But something Joe said just cracked me up and gave me the laugh of the day. He said that when someone cuts him off on the freeway, he just thinks "Oh, maybe they're on their way to Rainbow." And then he doesn't get so mad. Now , come on, Joe, you expect us to believe that ?????????? Give me a break.

No comments: