Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Night at the Oscars, Part I

Oh, I just cannot wait until tonight. It is Oscar night and I will have my pen ready to take notes. Will I try to guess who will be the best actress? Not on your life. I will be watching to see who wears the best gown. That's right. I don't give a darn about the silly awards. They don't mean much to me.
Last night we finally watched last year's "Best Actor", Daniel Day-Lewis, in There Will Be Blood.
It was the most creepy film I have ever made myself watch. He was creepy, the story was creepy, oil wells are creepy, the religious zealot was creepy....I could go on but I think you catch my drift. If that is the kind of movie that wins Oscars then I am glad to say I have seen NONE of this year's nominees.
Did anyone cheer that Amy Adams when she was in Enchanted?? Was she recognized for an Oscar for that performance? Heck,no. Put her in a creepy movie about a priest who may or may not be a pedophile and she's in!
So I will not worry about Amy Adams getting the Oscar but I will be checking out her gown, jewels and her hairdo! I will be rooting for her to be in my top ten of Best Dressed. I hope I don't mix her up with that Isla Fisher girl.......but, never mind, I will look forward to a few other of my favorites.
I'm guessing that Marissa Tomei will be on my list too. Not the same one as Amy though. And poor Meryl Streep will probably make my list too. Not the same one as Amy either.
Don't think the men will be off the hook either. Wait til we get a load of Mickey Rourke tonight. My bet is he still hasn't combed his hair! Jack Nicholson will have some creepy sun glasses on, I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut on that one. Who will have the most handsome tuxedo is anyone's guess. I'll go for Brad Pitt unless his friend, George is there. Then all bets are off.
Someday I hope I get a chance to be at the Oscars. Maybe things look better in real life than they do on television. If I do get to go, I probably will not have seen any of the movies then either. Oh well, I will keep my pen discreetly hidden while I take notes on the gowns!

No comments: