Thursday, January 22, 2009

Toe Be or Not Toe Be

I broke my toe on Tuesday morning. I was minding my own business..getting ready to join my sister for our first Inaugural Shopping Trip...walking through the utility room to put on my shoe boots which I left strategically next to the back door for minimum utility room mess. And full throttle, bang!!!!..I walked right into the ironing board and my toe next to the baby toe met with the metal base of the ironing board and YOWCH!!!!!!!
I am a brave little soldier( or a consummate shopper if you will). I slipped my shoe on and carried on as if nothing had happened. I felt fine--good even until about 4 pm and I noticed my toe felt a little achy.
You know you never pay any attention to your toe..unless you are painting your toenails..but I had to take a look and son of a gun, it was pretty red and kinda tucked behind the other toe to its right..Hmmmm. I was sure it was fine..no problem.
I slept soundly and when I woke up, I felt a slight pounding in my toe but I took my sweet time looking at it. Just before I stepped into the shower I took another look. HMMMM, now it is purple and red and ooh, what are those blackish purple lines across it. It still looks like it's kind of hanging on to its neighbor for all its worth. Must be broken. Oh well, I got dressed and went to work.
When I got home I changed into slippers and it kind of hurts but I thought it is ok. By the time my husband took a look at it last night it was all purple with those lines. So I think I can say officially that it is broken. It doesn't hurt all that much especially when I wear a shoe but my husband thought we should tape it....so he gave it a shot last night.
I have never laughed so hard in my life. It took him forever and he had this big roll of tape that was about 3'' wide and my poor toe is only about an inch and a half. It is swollen too so he didn't want to wrap it too tight. Well, I was laughing so much that my foot kept bouncing around so the wrap job was not too good plus it was too tight and when he loosened it the toe just fell back to where it had been in the first place. I finally told him just to take it off and I will have a weird toe for the rest of my life. I don't really mind.
And now I have to give myself a new pedicure because all that tape pulled the polish off my toenail!! What a couple of days!

No comments: