Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Watched Pot


Yesterday, I must have looked out our front window over a thousand times. The afternoon before I only looked 500 times. Let me tell you, like the proverbial pot, a watched driveway doesn't fill up with a truck.

I was waiting for the cable guy. The day before yesterday, a worker rototilled my garden and my cable! I called right away and she said they would be there that day. Liar! When I called the next morning, the automated voice said I had an appointment and my window was.........8 am til (wait for it) 8 pm. What kind of window is that?? My gosh, that's my entire day!!!! Needless to say, I was a little anxious for the truck to get here.

I missed my workout the first day because of waiting. I sure didn't want to miss another one! Hence me looking out the window so much. I also had no cable or Internet so I had to keep myself busy cleaning house and reading. I did the crossword, the wordsearch and the jumble. I cleaned my bathroom until it sparkled. I dusted the entire house. It was noon. I ate lunch and rolled pennies(no kidding). It was almost one.

At last, my sister called to have a chat and after a few minutes on the phone with her, the truck arrived. In less than a half hour all was restored and I had plenty of time before I went to my workout.

The funniest thing was the cable guy called me on the phone before he even left the driveway to tell me that when the kid comes back to dig in my garden, he should avoid the area where the cable was. I just laughed and said, "Oh, he's never touching that again!" The cable guy got a kick out of that and finally left.

So all is well here....... at least for now.

No comments: