Monday, September 9, 2013

Getting Older

Now I know I am not that old.  I just am noticing things lately.  Like I have way less eyelashes.  They used to be so long that people thought I was wearing false eyelashes.
Which, by the way, I tried and failed miserably.  Most of them ended up half way up my eyelid.
I am not going to talk about wrinkles.  Let's face it everyone gets them.  I just hate the ones that make your face look like you are frowning all the time.  Those ones from your nose to the outside of your mouth.  They make me feel like Howdy Doody.
I have been getting my freckles back on my nose.  I know what you are thinking, those aren't freckles, they're age spots.  But you are SO WRONG.  They are freckles, right where they used to be when I was in about the third grade.  So there.
When I look at my hands, I don't see my hands, I see my dad's hands.  How did they get there?  I want my smooth unfreckled and unbony hands back.  I would also like to be able to slide my rings off with the greatest of ease.  Without the aid of a bar of soap or olive oil.
Ohmygosh, the toenails.  Let's not even go there.
The one good thing is that my legs are less hairy.  It's great not to have to shave every single day.  Plus I used to think my legs looked like monkey legs anyway, skinny and hairy....so now, they're just skinny.
The inevitable happens to all of us, I just wish I hadn't noticed it all on the same darn day!


No comments: