Tuesday, September 17, 2013

No WIne-ing

 
Last night we had company for dinner.  It was someone we haven't seen for a long time.  DH asked me to make meatloaf...yes, I said meatloaf and I made broccoli with homemade cheese sauce and baked potatoes.
DH picked the appropriate  wine to eat with meatloaf (who knew?) and we were all set.  I even made some dessert.
When our company arrived, I gave him a glass of wine and poured one for myself and DH.  We chatted whiled I got dinner on the table.
I haven't had a dinner guest in a while other than my own kids so this was going well and I was relieved.  I'll admit I was a little worried.
We  sat and the men started serving themselves up.  The baked potatoes were in a bowl on the table so after our guest helped himself I decided to reach over and grab one.  Now don't think I'm all rude or anything.  It was right in front of me.  I didn't have to reach over anyone but.....
I did have to reach over my freshly poured glass of red wine.  Before I knew what was happening, the wine was all over my plate, my jeans, my lap, my shirt, and even my underwear!   Luckily, not much hit the carpet and DH got it cleaned up right away.
No such luck for me.  I had to go and change before I could eat anything.  Thank goodness there wasn't any food on my plate yet.
I was so embarrassed!  But I didn't "wine" about it.

No comments: