Friday, June 28, 2013

Alfie

OMG!  I am having the worst time trying to buy clothes these days.  It is not like when you are young and can just wear anything.  You can take back twenty things to the dressing room and maybe, just maybe, one will fit.
Sometimes I  enjoy the hunt and sometimes, not so much.
Everything seems to be styled for young women or teens.  Hardly any designers think of women who are over sixty.  Trust me.  Oh, there's Chico's and Coldwater Creek but they are expensive when you are used to prices at Penneys and Kohls.
There's one guy who thinks about old ladies all the time and that's Alfred Dunner.  The above photo is from his spring collection. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My mother wore those kinds of things.  In fact, she loved Alfred Dunner.  I do not, I repeat, do not want to dress like my mother.  Here's another doozy:
What is this, the eighties??  Or the seventies?  Who wears this stuff?  I'll tell  you who--women who are over 85.  I have over twenty years until I'm that age and trust me I won't want to wear this stuff then.
Could someone out there design some clothes that are modern, cover you up a bit, that don't cost an arm and a leg so maybe Penneys or Kohls would carry your line.  Please.
There are a ton of us who would be forever grateful.
I have a group of friends who have agreed that we will meet up in twenty years and whoever is wearing an Alfred Dunner top has to pay for everyone's lunch!!  Trust me, it won't be me!

No comments: