Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Brain? What is Brain?

There is a rich  guy in Russia who is gathering together geniuses to work on life in 2046,  I mean what it will be like.  The advances and technology improvements.  Really, he just wants to live forever.
He thinks that his brain could be transferred to a computer and his essence would live on infinitely.
You know what I say to that?   BORING.
I can't imagine that anyone would want to be turned into a computer.  I just have visions of my great great grandchildren hauling me around on their iPhone...or what ever device they have then.  It will be the opposite of having to drag your little sibling everywhere you went.  Oh don't forget to download Granny.  She wants to go too.
Plus How would you learn anything new?  I know computers are supposed to be able to learn but so far my PC has only learned how to screw up when I least want it to.
My son told me that they will put the brain in a human like robot so you are mobile.  Why did I only think of poor Rosie the maid on the Jetsons when he said that?
There is something to be said for our fragile existence.  We are all fatally flawed, imperfect, wonderful humans.  We're all in the same boat.  Nobody is perfect and if they pretend to be...well, it's the fatal flaw thing.
So thanks, Mr. Rich Russian, I think I'll take a pass. 
 

No comments: