Saturday, July 5, 2008

Up on the Roof


The sky was filled with tremendous flashes of light in patterns I have never seen before. There was a waterfall after waterfall of fireworks display like I have never seen before. They slowly and softly fell toward worth in a shower of gold ending in twinkling little red or green lights.

There was a display that exploded into a huge burst with a small and bright white ball in the center. I have never seen anything like it. It was so beautiful!

How do they do that?? And who thinks of the designs and then figures out how to deploy them? I know the Chinese invented fireworks and all that but these were the most amazing things I have ever seen.

The roof was jammed but in our particular corner we were jammed with people we knew so it was fine and the people around me kept a space open so I could see as I was sitting on a chair. We had a champagne toast and went home happy and entertained.

Not being a big fan of fireworks, I was really surprised how much I enjoyed them. We were far enough away so the noise wasn't deafening but the displays were huge. All along the horizon you could see the fireworks of other communities and that was pretty cool too. So I guess I can't say I don't like fireworks any more. I only like them on my terms....on the roof with a glass of champagne!

No comments: