Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We All Scream for Ice Cream

One thing about the Cheapo Diet is that you really change your eating habits and then when you eat "regular" stuff it doesn't always turn out so well. I have been faithfully eating my shakes or a granola bar and a yogurt(you know how I love that Activia) and for lunch I usually make guacamole with an avocado, 1/2 tomato, a garlic clove, a squeeze of lime juice and a little salt. It is very good and I eat it with a spoon!!!!! I also like to have a few taco chips but they have to be multigrain and because of Arnold I haven't been to the store very often or for very long so I forget to get some stuff. I eat a snack of peanuts or mixed nuts around 4p and then I eat dinner--fish, steak, chicken, pork and a veggie or two. I have another small peanut or nut snack around 9p. That's it. It is working well as I lost all the 7(yes,7 lbs. I gained while my daughter was here in a week-- lots of it was water weight as I was not watching the salt and we drank quite a bit of wine). That weight gain scared me but good as I have no wish to return to real fat status and not just be a little bit fat. So I spent a whole week watching myself...oh, and riding the stationary bike didn't hurt either. It is the only exercise Arnie and I are allowed to do right now.
Anyway, yesterday was our anniversary and I said "Screw(sorry) the diet" and told my husband to bring home whatever he wanted. He brought chicken Parmesan and spaghetti and salad from our favorite Italian place and we cracked a bottle of champagne. Then he said let's get ice cream!! So I said Oh no thanks(Gotcha!!! I said YES of course) and he went to East Coast Custard and got me a Tin Roof Sundae. OHMYGOSH...it was so good. In a little while I found I was having trouble keeping my eyes open and the next thing I slept through half a show I wanted to watch. And I woke up WITH A STOMACH ACHE!!!!! Husband said he wasn't feeling too hot either(he is semi on the diet) so we went to bed around 10:45.
So the moral of the story is a Sundae might sound good but it really isn't. Just ask us any time you forget and we will tell you our tale of woe.

No comments: