Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Out and About

My daughter, my foot and I went out to the movies yesterday. We saw Miss Pettigrew Lives Check Spellingfor a Day at the Cedar Lee theater. It was only 5 bucks and you even got free popcorn. That was all nice and my foot was a little problematic--had to take the loooonng ramp instead of the stairs and my daughter had to carry more than her fair share of the snacks but it wasn't that bad.
There were a lot of older people there anyway so slowness didn't seem to bother anyone until the guy at the snack counter said if you just wanted your free popcorn just step up and help yourself after he put out a few bags. OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a stampede.
On the way out a woman pushing a stroller ran into my daughter a little and thought she had run over her toe. After they established that it hadn't the woman looks at me and says something about it wouldn't be good to run over my foot. Good luck trying was all I could think!! It probably would've tipped the stroller over!
We went to the grocery store too and guess what I saw my twin there!!! I mean my twin foot. We were both hobbling around Heinen's and she looked about as comfy as I did by then.
Let's just say I was glad to get home so I could give "Arnie" a rest before I got dinner ready.

No comments: