Wednesday, March 11, 2009

RED


Red is my favorite color. I am a Scorpio and we are supposed to be passionate and red is the color of passion so I guess that's why. It doesn't explain why it was my favorite color in kindergarten, but whatever. It still is my favorite color.

I love red clothes. When I wear red, I feel pretty and like I am expressing myself. It helps me feel happy and upbeat. I always know when I am depressed--i pick gray. It becomes my favorite color. I have a ton of red clothes and quite a few gray clothes.

I especially like red with black. You don't want to overdo red. It is way to overpowering.

I love red in my home decor. I just got a red leather chair for Valentine's day--something I've wanted for a very long time! I love red roses and red china--not to be confused with RED CHINA. Don't love them!

I even love red food. I am shocked at how many of my recipes start with "open a can of tomato sauce." Tomato products are really good for you. It has loads of potassium and antioxidants. I love strawberries and raspberries too. Coincidentally, they are really good for you too. Always loved ketchup on my burgers and shrimp with plenty of sauce! I even drink V8 juice--not that tasty..but very good for you!

My son used to live in a condo that had red painted walls. Heaven, you say?? Not really...it was a little overwhelming. I guess I only like red as an accent...at least in home decor.

Once I made myself a red evening dress. I loved it so much. I wonder what ever happened to it? Not that it would fit me anymore but it would be fun to have.

Clifford, the big red dog was always a favorite to read to my students and my own kids.

When I was a kid, I loved red pop.

I once had my hair dyed red--REALLY didn't like that. Maybe because it was really more orange than red.

Oh, and my face is really red most of the time. Especially when I am embarrassed--like right now. Think I went overboard on the red story....oops, my bad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked this post and not just because you use a picture of me. :) I think I may need to write a PINK blog post... :) LOVE.